REGULAR POOL HOURS
The pool will open the Friday of Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day Monday.
The hours of operation are:
1:00 pm – 8:00 pm Monday-Thursday
1:00 pm – 8:30 pm Friday
11:00 am – 8:30 pm Saturday
11:00 am – 7:00 pm Sunday
11:00 am – 8:00 pm Holidays
Upon arrival at the pool, ALL individuals must show their pool pass and sign in at the entrance, in the register provided.
No one will be admitted without a proper pool pass. NO EXCEPTIONS.
SWIMMING POOL REGULATIONS
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all users of the pool facilities and are designed to assure the safe and sanitary operation of our pool consistent with maximum enjoyment. Deliberate failure to comply with these rules and regulations shall be considered sufficient cause for suspension of pool privileges.
- GENERAL REGULATIONS
- The pool guard shall be responsible for and have final authority for enforcing these regulations at the pool. For disciplinary purposes, they have the authority to expel any person from the pool and recommend further action to the ALM management.
- No member has the authority to direct pool guards concerning the operation of the pool facilities. This is the function of ALM management. However, we do welcome suggestions and comments. These should be directed to the marina office at 410-263-0090.
- The pool will be closed during inclement weather at the discretion of the pool guard, with the approval of ALM management.
- There will be a mandatory 10-minute break each hour, on the hour, that the pool is open any time there is only one lifeguard on duty. During this 10-minute period all swimmers must stay out of the water.
- No person may use the pool unless it is officially open and a guard is on duty.
- All persons using the pool and other facilities do so at their own risk. ALM is not responsible for any accident, injury, loss, or damage.
- The cost of any damage to the property of ALM will be charged to and paid for by any individual (s) having the responsibility for the damage.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the pool area at any time without the express permission of the ALM management.
- Food and refreshments may be consumed in the designated areas only.
- All motorized vehicles and bikes must be parked in the respective parking areas. No bikes or skateboards will be allowed on the pool deck.
- Only ALM authorized persons may enter the pool shed.
SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS FOR CHILDREN
- Children under the age of 12 using the pool must be accompanied and supervised by a RESPONSIBLE person at all times. These children are NOT the responsibility of the pool guards.
- Non-swimmers must remain at the shallow end of the pool and not go beyond chest-deep water. Pool guards may require that children under 10 pass a basic swim test. The test consists of: Swimming two (2) lengths of the pool AND treading water for two (2) minutes. The pool guard on duty will conduct this test at the request of individuals when possible.
- Parent/Guardian must closely watch children at all times. Parent/Guardian must accompany a non-swimmer in the water at all times.
- For the purpose of supporting non-swimmers, inner tubes, water wings, and all other flotation devices are not permitted at any time. For safety purposes, only a life vest approved by the United States Coast Guard is to be used. If a child uses such a life vest, a parent or guardian must accompany the child in the water at all times.
- After contacting the parents, the pool guard and ALM management may REQUIRE an adult to be present with any child who repeatedly violates the pool regulations or disturbs other individuals at the pool.
POOL HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool each time.
- Street clothes are not permitted in the pool or to be used as substitute swimsuits.
IV. GUIDELINES FOR POOL MANAGEMENT
- Pool guards will remain on duty except in the case of inclement weather. Before leaving, the guard will check with the ALM management.
- Proper supervision of non-swimmers will be determined by the pool guard.
- The pool may not be left unattended for ANY reason as long as there are swimmers in the pool. In the case of an EMERGENCY, all swimmers must be called out of the pool until the guard returns.
- Individuals, including children, should not distract the pool guard from their duty and should not distract the guards from their duty and should remember the guards must monitor the safety of swimmers ABOVE ALL ELSE!